Monday, June 2, 2008

Blood on Paper - The V&A



Cai Guo-Qiang-'Danger Book: Suicide Fireworks'2008



Sol LeWitt-'Sunrise and Sunset at Praiano'1980

I can't believe I haven't posted about this exhibition at the V&A yet. It's a very interesting look at how some of the best known contemporary artists have worked with the idea of the book. It's on until June 29th and you should definitely go to see it if you can get to London before then.

Also, while you're there, don't miss the Certain Trees: the Constructed Book, Poem and Object: 1964-2008 in room 74. "This display of books, objects and constructions reveals an energetic community of poets and artists in Britain discovering and developing the expressive potential of publication as an art practice." (The V&A website) It's on until August 17th and I haven't been to see it yet, but I will let you know what I think when I have been.

Booklets by Thomas A. Clark and Laurie Clark, Moschatel Press, Nailsworth, 1974-1981

1 comment:

Krissy | Paper Schmaper said...

Love this! That danger book is great :)