Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Eric Staller - Light Drawings






In the late 70's I created photographs: long time-exposures done at night in New York City.
While the camera was positioned on a tripod, with the lens opened for several minutes, I moved through urban spaces with a variety of light sources. These were exhibited and published world-wide. Cibachrome prints of these images are available through me.

My second favourite thing, next to books, is lighting. I have been working for a lighting design company for five months now. I always loved lighting design, and I had a funny feeling that I would end up working in the field. Now that I am, I am totally enthralled. My new series of paintings will be simple studies of lights. Hopefully I will get round to starting on them soon. I will put some of the drawings in my Etsy store soon.

No comments: